Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fantasy Magazines

So, while I was out shopping for food to survive these next two weeks, I stopped by the magazine rack to see if there were any fantasy baseball magazines.
There were two out on display. One, I forget the company, looked too bland. Nothing but stats. I like to do a little leisure reading while preparing my draft and cheat sheets.
The second one was from Sporting News. This is the one I bought.
I have my stats, pre-season rankings, and a few pages of quality reading material and expectations of rookies and other players.
They have Alex Rodriguez listed as their number 1 draft choice, a choice I didn't agree with initially, but after reading what they were looking for in their ranking I understand why.
Sporting News and the baseball experts, I use that term loosely, are looking for 5-tool players and since A-Rod can steal bases, they found it fitting to rank him #1 overall.

Their top 10 ranks are as follows:
1) Alex Rodriguez, 3B
2) Albert Pujols, 1B
3) Hanley Ramirez, SS
4) David Wright, 3B
5) Matt Holiday, OF
6) Grady Sizemore, OF
7) Josh Hamilton, OF
8) Jose Reyes, SS
9) Ryan Howard, 1B
10) Ryan Braun, OF


There will be two other fantasy magazines that I will buy in the upcoming weeks, one from Street & Smith, the other from Athlon Sports. Both that I have been purchasing since the turn of the century.

No comments:

Post a Comment